Mt. Gox creditors have one more month to select and register their claims and payment information, while the repayment deadline has also been pushed back by a month.
Mt. Gox creditors will have an additional month to select and register how they wish to receive compensation from the defunct exchange.
This becomes clear from the document by the exchange’s trustee Nobuaki Kobayashi.
- Once again, the deadline for the selection of repayment method and registration of payee information has been pushed back until April 6th, 2023.
The deadline for the Selection and Registration was March 10, 2023 (Japan time) but havin gobtained the permission of the court, the Rehabilitation Trustee has changed the deadline (“Deadline”) to April 6, 2023 (Japan time), considering various circumstances such as the progress by rehabilitation creditors in respect of the Selection and Registration.
- However, it’s also important to note that it would be difficult for the deadline to be pushed further from that date “unless there are unavoidable reasons.”
- This is far from being the first time this particular deadline has been extended.
- Earlier in February, it was pushed back from the originally-set deadline of January 10th to March 10th.
- More importantly, though, there’s an extension o the Base Repayment Deadline. The document reads:
Having obtained the premission of the court, the Rehabilitation Trustee has also changed the Base Repayment Deadline, Early Lump-Sum Repayment Deadline, and Intermediate Repayment Deadline from September 30, 2023 (Japan time) to October 31, 2023 (Japan time) following the change of the deadline for the Selection and Registration.